Lately I've been pretty frustrated because the slightest of cold or virus and my BS levels go up and my averages get all messed up. I've been sick for over a week but not with much as a far as a discernible symptom. I've has some headaches and a dry scratchy infrequent cough but nothing too bad. The biggest indication that I am fighting something is my fasting BS numbers. They've been between 140 and 170. I had just started celebrating fasting numbers in the low 1-teens (112, 114, 114) and then I got hit with this little annoying virus.
I think I'm finally on the downside of it after taking a day off and sleeping...a lot! I woke this morning feeling refreshed, head ache gone, energy level up, good mental clarity. My morning number wasn't great though... still low 140s. But, I am an avid blood tester and recorder. I have a handy dandy app that I use to record my blood sugars and it calculates my monthly averages.
I started recording with this app in June and I have averages for each month going back to that time.
So before I got sick this month, my average for January was 108 and I was really proud of that. But even with the illness, you can see there is progress...
Averages:
June: 149
July: 145
August: 141
September:127 (I went from low carb to HFLC Ketogenic about mid August)
October: 124
November: 122
December: 118
January: 114
So even with an illness in December (stomach bug) and another in January (cold) I am improving.
Of course it doesn't really fulfill my need for instant gratification, but at an average of 4 points per month, I could be down to normal numbers by August...maybe sooner if my February turns out the way my January began.
I'm stuck at 35 lbs. lost and plan to start exercising again. It took me over a year to lose that even though I used to be able to lose 10lbs per month when I put my mind to it. What can I say, High carb, low fat living destroyed my thyroid.
My N=1 might be slow going, but it's going.
I watch my new friends in the Reversing Diabetes group on Facebook and they continue to inspire me.
When I feel like giving up, their determination is contagious and keeps me going.
No comments:
Post a Comment