A message to the US Government
In contemplating the many topics that I could post on this irreverent rant about dietary and medical conventions being lies, half truths and misconceptions, I was thinking about the U.S. Department of Agriculture and about their lobbying for the American wheat and grain farmers. I mean supporting those consumables must boost our economy even if that shit IS killing many of us. Not only does the Government subsidize those farmers, they lobby the consumption of those products in the US Dietary Guidelines for all us Lemmings to follow blindly...Again, the Pied Piper of Hamlin comes to mind.
This is a great argument for LESS GOVERNMENT in our lives. High Carb Low Fat may work for some, but for most its deadly so you should just stay the hell out of our lives.
Don't get me wrong, I am deeply patriotic.
Uncle Sam is sleeping with Big Pharma
I don't begrudge the farmers their living, and there will always be demand but should the USDA really be pushing that stuff? Not only do they support farmers, they are keeping the pharmaceutical companies rolling in the dough (bad pun)! Sucking the social security checks right out from under the elderly. Preying on the poor, middle class and rich! All money is green to them and they have no prejudices for who's money to take.
If the pharmaceutical companies have a council, its tag line should be:
"Drug the symptoms and screw the cure"
The Government of the United States Department of Agriculture is really just the biggest drug cartel in the world.
Why would I compare the USDA to a Drug Cartel?
Well they don't warn against the hidden sugars in processed foods at all and that should not be minimized. According to Dr. Mark Hyman and others, sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine.
Read about that HERE
"Drink Water not sugary drinks" gets an honorable mention.
In 1970 less than 1% of all sweeteners were High Fructose Corn Syrup, in 2000 it constituted 61.2%. That was 15 years ago. What is it today?
Read a study on HFCS in beverages HERE
What they fail to mention is the widespread use of High Fructose Corn Syrup in processed foods.
Maybe the 2015 guidelines will be different.
Whats in your ketchup?
INGREDIENTS: Tomato Concentrate Made From Red Ripe Tomatoes, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt, Spice, Onion Powder, Natural Flavoring.
What's in your Pop-Tarts?
ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2]),CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CRACKER MEAL, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF WHEAT STARCH, SALT, DRIED STRAWBERRIES, DRIED PEARS, DRIED APPLES
More Guideline Mistakes:
"Make at least half of your grains, whole grains"
Because it matters?
How about this?
Wheat is an Opiate
Or This:
Whats the glycemic index of "whole wheat bread" ?
It's 71 according to Harvard and another source- Thats higher than the glycemic index for Vanilla box cake with vanilla frosting, Coca Cola, Peanut M&Ms, a Snickers bar, and table sugar. You may as well have ham and cheese on sugar cookies.
If you aren't familiar with the "Glycemic Index" it is defined by Wikipedia as:
The glycemic index or glycaemic index (GI) is a number associated with a particular type of food that indicates the food's effect on a person's blood glucose (also called blood sugar) level. The number typically ranges between 50 and 100, where 100 represents the standard, an equivalent amount of pure glucose.[1]
What the USDA Dietary guidelines say about fat:
Fat is the primary fuel for light to moderate intensity exercise. Although fat is a valuable metabolic fuel for muscles during endurance exercise and performs many important functions in the body, no attempt should be made to consume more fat.
So I went looking for adversaries! Adversaries that I could team up with in a "fangirl" kind of way.
I thought ..."The Beef Council guys..." so I gave it a Google.
Beef.org is what I found first and I was delighted to find dozens of beef related links there that I just knew would be touting the benefits of a Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet, the benefits of bone broth and the nutrient denseness of organ meats.
The first link I followed was Beef Nutrition dot org and to my shock and amazement, there was only some blurbs about including "Lean Beef" as part of a healthy diet. Whaaaat?
Beef Research dot org was my next stop. Now I admit, I only skimmed the article titles but most of them made reference to lean beef and nothing seemed to talk about the merits of a diet high in saturated fats.
I thought "OK OK keep looking, they can't be completely ignorant, I mean this is their thing! Beef is their life, their bread and butter" (another bad pun). I went to Facts about beef dot com and started looking through their nutrition articles. Again, references to LEAN BEEF. Don't they know that Low carbohydrate High fat diets are curing everything from Diabetes to Cancer? C'mon cowboys, jump on the bandwagon here!
This is a growing community that will eventually be the majority (HOPEFULLY). We want you to be our patrons!
The Best thing I could find was on Factsaboutbeef.com where they interviewed Nina Teicholz author of The Big Fat Surprise
Well, at least it something.
Come on Beef guys. I don't have to ask you guys "Where's the Beef?" but I do feel as though I have to ask "Where's the FAT?"
No comments:
Post a Comment